HR Manager Benelux
The company is one of the leaders in motion and control technologies, providing precision engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets.
- Multi-national Engineering company listed on New York Stock Exchange
- 55,000+ employees worldwide and annual sales of $ 10+ billion.
- Responsible for leading, directing and managing all HR and employee development activities in the Benelux region.
- Must have experience in a matrix structure in an international company
The HR Manager Benelux will be responsible for HR and employee development in the Benelux region. Within the matrix structure of the company, this includes a total of seven locations in the Netherlands, three in Belgium and one in Luxemburg.
The position will directly report to the Regional HR Director Germany & Benelux and Group HR Manager Hydraulics Europe. The HR Manager Benelux will be part of the European HR team.
Purpose of the role
- Support and advise Line Managers professionally in all HR issues, assuring that managers are able to perform their responsibilities in a timely and competent manner
- Link the corporate HR strategy to the divisions’ requirements. Provide leadership and support to the local HR operations teams in the Netherlands and Belgium, while at the same time acting from a corporate perspective
- Develop and implement appropriate HR systems, methods, policies and procedures in accordance with corporate HR policies and the respective legal or environmental requirements of the countries
- Provide support and liaise with worker council and unions
- Collate and maintain country level succession management plans for key leadership positions
- Manage company’s performance management and salary review process, ensuring compliance with applicable corporate policies
- Get involved with European-wide project
Profile of the ideal candidate
Background and Experience
- Minimum Bachelor degree in an appropriate discipline (e.g. Economics, Psychology, Law etc.)
- A minimum of 8-10 years of working experience in Human Resource positions with a strong business orientation
- Experience working in a matrix structure in internationally operating companies is a must. (Applicants without this experience will not be considered)
- Experience in industrial manufacturing and familiarity with working in a US company are considered a strong plus
- Proven background in professionalizing HR; setting up policies, processes and structures regarding performance management, evaluations, compensation & benefits, recruitment, etc
- Solid knowledge of the key elements of labor legislation and in dealing with works councils and unions in the Benelux
- Experience with restructurings as well as with acquisitions/ due diligence processes
- Proven expertise in establishing strong and professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Dutch. Fluency in French is considered a plus
Essential Personal Qualities
- Well developed leadership skills
- Hands-on approach
- Proven experience in influencing without power
- Ability to drive best practices
- Out of the box thinker
- Excellent communication skills
The position of HR Manager Benelux offers you the chance to have an impact on our client’s business. Next to a competitive salary package with secondary benefits, you will also get the opportunity to work in a challenging and dynamic international environment within a globally operating engineering company, that offers the right candidate further growth opportunities in the future.
You can apply to this position by using the form below. For more information, please contact Gamze Sahan or Laura Boege at +31 (0)20 69 71 410.